Full refund for cancellations up to 30 days before check-in. If booked fewer than 30 days before check-in, full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before check-in. After that, 50% refund up to 7 days before check-in. No refund after that.
Damage and Incidentals
Safety & property
Avoid surprises by looking over these important details about your Host's property.
Nearby lake, river, other body of water
Climbing or play structure
Security camera/recording device
“For Safety and Security, we have 3 cameras: - Driveway - Side Entry, Deck and Fire Pit - Front Door These devices record video and audio There are no indoor surveillance devices. All devices are in clear view of the guest. There are no hidden devices”
Carbon monoxide alarm installed
Smoke alarm installed
Must climb stairs
“Mobile phone service maybe week depending on your carrier. We have a T-Mobile Cellspot to help with mobile service. No washer or dryer on premise.”
HOUSE MANUAL AND RULES
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, we are taking extra measures to protect your health and safety. For the protection of our neighborhood and local community, we ask that you follow social distancing recommendations. If you are sick or if you have been sick or suspect you may have been exposed, please do not book.
• Do not book or contact us before reading the House Manual. Doing so presumes you have and that you accept the rules and conditions.
• Locals must contact us before booking
• You must be 25 or older to book our home
• All adults must register and provide a state issued ID
• Occupancy Limit: 8
- Having more than 8 people in or on the property may end your stay early without refund.
- Only registered guests will have access to the property. All others will be considered trespassing.
SELF-CHECK-IN: Check in is at 4:00 PM
Please call when you arrive. If you find that the house has not been cleaned to proper standards, please notify us immediately. We will do our best to have a professional attend to the problem. However, depending on the issue, this may not be able addressable over a holidays or weekend. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The Guest agrees to hold the Owner harmless from any liability for the condition of the house.
EARLY CHECK-IN: If early check-in is available there will be an additional charge.
7am to 11am: 50% of the nightly fee
11am to 2pm: $35.00
SELF-CHECK-OUT: Check out is at 11:00 AM
• Call or text when you check out
• Report damages, and maintenance needs to the host.
• Put soiled linen and towels in the bin provided and put the bin in the kitchen.
• Damp towels at the bottom - Bed Linen on top.
• Wash the dishes, cookware, cooking utensils and flatware and put them away.
• Clean and wipe out the Oven, Stove including drip trays, Microwave and Fridge.
• Leave the bedspreads, pillows with shams, and pillows folded on the bed.
• Close and lock all the windows and entry doors.
• Close all the shades.
• Do not leave trash in or around the property. One BLUE Sun Trash Bag will be provided. Only these Blue trash bags can be left in the bin at the front of the driveway. Additional trash bags are available at Stony Lake Depot. 4189 Scenic Drive, Shelby, MI 49455 They are located just North of Chippewa trail on Scenic Dr.
• Do not remove the mattress covers.
LATE CHECK-OUT: Late Check-Out is not allowed without authorization.
• Late Check-Out if available is 12:30 and an additional $35
• Late Check-Out after 2:00pm is charged at the full nightly rate.
• If a late checkout interrupts the cleaning service or the next guest check-in, you will assume all additional charges, fees and penalties form the Cleaning Service and the Rental Platform. Airbnb/VRBO/etc.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR EXCESS WEAR, STAINING, SOILING OR LOSS:
(It's a just in case clause but I've never charged a guest for minor loss)
• Laundering soiled comforters and blankets $20 ea.
• Furniture cleaning $20 ea.
• Carpet spot Shampoo Service $20 ea.
• Replacing bed sheet sets $50 ea.
• Replacing Pillowcases $8 ea.
• Replacing Bath Towels $15 ea.
• Replacing Hand Towels $10 ea.
• Replacing Wash Cloths $2 ea.
• Replacing Dish Towels $2 ea.
• Oven and Stove $20.00
• Special cleaning for leaving evidence of animals or smoking: $300 Min
• After-Party Cleaning $300 Minimum Plus Damages
• Replacement or repair of anything not covered will be billed as marked or at a fair market value.
CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY:
The owners have, to the best of their ability and intention, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved “sight unseen”. Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as TV’s, streaming devices, games or the Internet and Wi-Fi service are not a basis for any refund. Owner will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guest’s stay. If a guest files a complaint directly or through the hosting agency, the owner will have access to the property to make corrections or repairs.
CLEANING AND REPAIRS: Our Cleaning does not include dishes & cooking utensils, oven, stove, fridge or BBQ Grill. If additional cleaning is required after you leave, we’ll charge you according to the Additional Fees List. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order. Removing, adding or changing furniture without Owner’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen be taken outside or to the beach.
STARTER PRODUCTS: The house is provided with a starter set of toilet paper and paper towels. We do not guarantee that these extra items will always be available and guests may need to replenish their own paper goods, soaps, shampoo and coffee supplies etc.
SEPTIC: Our property is built with a septic system. Personal hygiene products, and food, including coffee grounds can be harmful and incur costs, since they can easily plug the system. Please do not dispose of any type of personal hygiene product through the toilet or food in the kitchen sink. If the system is plugged after 24 hours from check-in due to personal hygiene products, food, or other foreign matter, there will be a $250 septic fee.
LINEN AND TOWELS: Linen and towels are provided. Beach towels are not provided. Do not use the towels to remove make-up. Do not take the house towels, linen or blankets out of the house.
VEHICLES: We have parking for up to 4 vehicles in the driveway only. Staying in house trailers, motor homes or tents, regardless of size or facilities, is prohibited.
FIREWOOD: When available, we'll leave bundles of firewood for 6.00/bundle(5gal Pail). You can leave cash in the wooden box on the counter.
COMMUNITY GUIDELINES: You must respect and follow all Community Guidelines. Quiet Time is 8pm to 8am. Complaints from the HOA may end your stay early without a refund.
PETS and ANIMALS: Pets and Animals are not permitted in or on the property without written permission. Bringing a pet or leaving evidence of a pet without authorization will incur an automatic additional animal cleaning fee and you may be asked to check-out early without a refund.
INDEMNITY: The Guest agrees to release and indemnify the Owner from and against all liability, should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of the lease, resulting from any cause whatsoever. This property is privately owned and is not baby-proofed; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Neither does the owner accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any defects or stoppage in supply of water, electricity, gas, cable service, or any other service. Nor will owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.